Deadpan Pictures is recruiting a Business Affairs Executive
- Part time (3 days) flexible working week – hybrid
- Responsible for all aspects of Legal Advice within the company across company secretarial, development, production and distribution.
- External counsel support available on larger productions and inhouse admin support available from Executive Assistant and Production Executive.
- Responsible for drafting staff and corporate service contracts.
- Responsible for Corporate compliance in tandem with external Tax Advisers and Auditors.
- Negotiating and closing development contracts including shopping agreements, options, writers agreements, funding agreements, etc.
- Negotiating and closing production funding contracts.
- Support to Producers, Production Executive and Head of Content for legal requirements for funding and co-production applications.
- Responsible for negotiating and closing banking and cash flow loans, company charges, etc.
- Negotiate and draft other agreements such as programme licence agreements, co-production agreements, work for hire production agreements, artist agreements, composer agreements, publishing agreements, distribution agreements, location agreements, standard programme finance agreements as required, copyright clearance, music and stock footage licences.
- Maintain effective, efficient and consistent commercial relationships with industry stakeholders to include attending certain industry events.
- Communicate deals internally in writing and verbally as required.
- Assist with distribution matters where required such as reviewing reporting statements.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting and negotiating rights agreements within the television/media industry. Including knowledge of standard industry terms.
- Experience of managing third party relationships.
- Understanding of the range of rights involved in a programme deal and deal structures.
- Experience of working on commercial contracts and experience of contract law essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical legal skills.
- An enthusiastic, hard-working and flexible ‘can do’ approach is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast, efficient manner and to manage a high volume of workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to manage a number of relationships internally/ externally
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver an effective service to the business.
- Ability to think through problems, identify the issues and provide creative solutions and to identify issues to refer up to senior management.
- Ability to influence and be adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to confidently provide commercial and legal advice.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
Deadpan Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all under-represented groups. This role may suit a carer in the Screen Industry due to the flexibility offered in hours and location.
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Apply with cv and cover letter outlining suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2022. Suitable candidates will then be called for interview.
Established in 2014 by Paul Donovan and Ailish McElmeel, Deadpan Pictures is an award-winning boutique production company specialising in drama with a comic tone. We bring projects with unique voices and a distinct Irish flavour to international audiences. Amongst our productions to date are Can’t Cope Won’t Cope which sold to Netflix and BBC and the critically acclaimed Dead Still.
The company also produced Nowhere Fast, the ratings hit The South Westerlies, co-produced Sharon Horgan and Lorna Martin’s Women On the Verge and have recently co-produced Departure Series 2 with Shaftesbury Films in Canada for NBCU Peacock and Sky Witness. Film productions include Four Kids and It (2020), The Last Right(2019) and Halal Daddy(2017). Prior to Deadpan, International Emmy-winning Moone Boy, Monte Carlo nominated Trivia and a history of highly successful comedy production was produced. We are talent-friendly producers crafting content from development to production.